Re: VAT

I lived in the middle east in the 80's, but hold a British passport.
The Excise were particularly snotty to me at Thiefrow when I attempted
to claim vat back on a camera bought in blighty, for export to Bahrain
(for an Indian mate, as it happenned).  Even though I lived elsewhere.

So I think the rules about vat require you to have a non-brit passport
when attempting to buy stuff and reclaim the vat.

If Im wrong, I dislike the Excise even more than I do now....

Have a nice day, y'all

Steve
Euph/Trom Melbourne Town Band
http://www.proactif.co.uk/mtb.htm