Re: Joy Webb

Larry White wrote:

>Joy Webb is a Salvation Army officer residing in the UK. I believe in the
>the JOYSTRINGS that had a couple of songs hit the Top Ten in the U K. The most
>popular was probably "It's An Open Secret".

They also did a song called "Walk in the light" which is the tune that
turns up in "Light Walk", that SA-jazz arrangement popular a couple of
years ago. Don't know if she actually wrote it. She tended to write a lot
of tunes for Singing Company (=junior choir).

>The International Headquarters in London, 101 Queen Victoria St., Lt. Col.
>Peter Dalziel, who also was a member of the Joystrings, can probably help you
>out.

Also try SP&S (Salvationist Publishing and Supplies) in Judd Street, London.
And they have a web page which links to info on the International Staff
Band (http://www.sarmy.org).

I still remember this stuff and I escaped decades ago....

Gillian

gmh@xxxxxxxxxxxx