Re: VAT

Steve Larwood wrote :

> So I think the rules about vat require you to have a non-brit passport
> when attempting to buy stuff and reclaim the vat.
>
> If Im wrong, I dislike the Excise even more than I do now....

Sorry Steve, you are wrong.

I've been trying to stay out of this one, but I just can't take the
inaccurate speculation any longer !    If anyone is seriously
interested in finding out about the VAT regulations on retail
exports, may I suggest that you phone up your local VAT office, and
ask them to send you the following (free) explanatory pamphlets.

No 704 "Retail Exports" plus
No 704/1/93 and No 704/2/93 and No 704/3/93.

If you really want to confuse them, ask for the Japanese or Arabic
versions of leaflet 703/3/93.

Alternatively, you could ask a Chartered Accountant (like me.)  I
would be delighted to answer in full any queries, provided the
request is accompanied by a crisp new £50 note, and a contact address
where I can send the invoice for the rest of the fee.

;-))))))))))))))))))))))))))   (My impression of a smile going all
the way to the bank.............)

Ian McKechnie
<mckechnie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>