Re Melbourne Town Band

Hi all

Last night I spent a very enjoyable 2 hours listening to the Melbourne Town
Band on the band stand in Ilkeston Park.

I was very impressed with their whole performance, in particular the sound
that this band has is very good indeed.  It is a fine round full sound with
good tuning.  The programme the band played was very well received by the
people in attendance.

I was asked by their conductor Geoff Gossage to conduct the march Bandology.
I did this with a little trepidation as my dress was not quite what you would
expect to see on the band stand, but i was thrilled to be asked, and the band
did me proud with some excellent neat playing.

Thank you to Melbourne Town Band for a splendind evening, and it just goes to
show that you don't have to contest to reach good standards in brass band
performance.

May you go far in all you wish to achieve.

John Davis
MD The Riddings Band
Hon Sec Number 3 area NABBC
Membership Sec NABBC