Norwegian Cyberband in 1999 ???????

At our ubiquitous listmanager (Nigel Horne)'s request, I have been asked to
post the following message to the List, although we both recognise that
perhaps it may be of more or specific interest/attention to/of  the 16
members on this Listserv who have ".NO"  (suffix for Norway) in their
subscription addresses:

Angela said previously, albeit to a lesser audience than the membership of
this list initially:

***How do you fancy a Cyberband gig in 1999 ...... in Tromso, Norway
***this time?

It might indeed only be "Wishful Thinking" that a Norwegian Cyberband could
happen ..... {snip} ..... however if someone receiving this mail has any
contacts in NORWAY who could help with ideas re. sponsorship by way of
venue (and more importantly good technical facilities & expertise to do
another broadcast) perhaps they can get in touch with either myself
(angela@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) or the Organizer of the Tromso Brass International
Band Festival (1999) Svein Are Tjeldnes <sveinsat@xxxxxxxxxxx>

In the meantime please let me know if YOU might be interested in
participating (even as a spectator if you'd rather NOT try to persuade an
airline to carry your Double B as hand luggage!) and I will act as "Group
Leader" for us all.  This invitation is of course extended to absolutely
ANYONE interested in doing it, can set aside the time to go and fund
themselves (from personal sponsorship or private resources) ........ you
certainly don't have to have done a Cyberband before (& I wouldn't expect
any of us needs to know much Norwegian either!).

All I need at this stage therefore is an indication of SERIOUS INTEREST so
that I can get cracking on putting some sort of info. package together.
However as the event gets closer I will need FIRM COMMITMENT from everyone
who is prepared to travel and/or play, so check those diaries ..........
last weekend of May 1999 (Fri, Sat & Sun) is the one being considered but
PLEASE NOTE the Tromso Brass Festival may clash with the All England
Masters at Cambridge %-(

>For those of you who are not quite sure where TROMSO is exactly .......
and are curious but don't have a map of Norway available to check it out
...... it is a VERY LONG WAY north of London (even further than John
O'Groats laterally speaking ...... and no, I've never been there yet
either!).

Apparently a certain London Football team by the name of Chelsea FC played
there earlier this year (April?) ...... and were caught in a snowstorm!!

As a result of this, even in late May, it still might be a bit "COOL" so
what better location for us Cyberbanding "types" to hang out for a few days
<tee hee>

Flying London Heathrow to Oslo and then onto Tromso looks like being the
best route ....... various airlines ..... I've checked that bit out already
..... just in case anyone was wondering how I know this information <grin>)

It may cost around 300 UK Pounds to get there by air (3.5 hr + 1.5hr
flights each way roughly), plus hotel accommodation & pocket money, so I
suggest you all start feeding those piggie-banks now!!

Cheers everyone!

Angela Tregaskes

Angela Tregaskes
P.A. to Professor Trevor G. Smart & Departmental Secretary
Department of Pharmacology & Centre for Toxicology
The School of Pharmacy
University of London
29-39 Brunswick Square
London, WC1N  1AX, U.K.