Lottery Grants & British Brass Bands

Hi All,

Our band based near Blackpool is considering applying for a UK Lottery Grant
and/or Arts Council Grant - ideally for a new bandhut but more realistically
for a set of new instruments.

Basically, what are the MAIN things that we need to do/bear in mind ?
Obviously, the application will not be in the immediate future as no doubt
we will have to set up Trustees etc. for the band.

Are there any good internet sites to help us along the way - ideally, from a
British band that has received an award. Gosh, there are enough of them out
there !!

Could someone put me in touch with anyone that would be willing to give us
some guidance ?

Hope you can help.

Andy Moore  -  andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Planted Aquarium Tank Fanatic &
BBb Tuba Player in the Poulton-le-Fylde Brass Band:-

http://www.ascot.u-net.com/home/Band.htm