This List

--openmail-part-00c9f6f4-00000001

This Sunday our band had an engagement to play at Chatsworth but because

of holidays and a perennial shortage of cornets we needed more players.
We had exhausted our usual list of contacts so I contacted Ian Wright
who often posts to this list.
He very kindly turned up and played Euphonium for us and also brought a
cornet player Steve from Hathersage Band.
It was nice to be able to put a face to a name and helped us out
tremendously on the job. Thank you again to Ian and Steve, and thanks to

Nigel for running this list and making it possible.

This makes me wonder how many more potentially useful contacts there are

lurking on this list but who never post to it, so come on everyone who
hasn't posted - make youself and your band known to the rest of us.

I am sure that the subject of having a list of members was raised some
time back but never came to anything.
Would it be possible to have a page similar to positions wanted for
contact information so that people could be put on it if they wished.
Information such as Contact name and Email address, Band name, section
(if applicable) , and location would be invaluable when trying to borrow

players.

Hilary Mateer
Bass - Newfield Community Concert Band
BBb Bass - Loxley Silver Band