Re: Bass Clef Arrangements

On 26 Jul, Tim Morgan <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's probably because bass trom parts in treble clef have so many ledger
> lines they resemble upside down telegraph poles!   The Eb and Bb bass
> ranges all fit neatly onto the stave.  I know this, because some
> publishers, such as Obrasso have started sending bass trom parts in bass
> clef and in treble clef...many's the time I've nearly had a heart attack
> before realising I'd put the treble clef part on the stand by mistake.

In modern brass band music, The tubas are just as likely to be written
down to the pedal notes as is the bass trombone. So what's the difference?
They would have upside-down telegraph poles too. I wrote a chart for solo
euphonium ("Wee Cooper of Fife") that goes as high as E above the stave
(concert D) and as low as pedal Bb (concert Ab).

The treble clef part has 5 ledger lines below the stave, the bass clef
part has 5 ledger lines above the stave. Take your pick.

Adrian

--
 /    \ _| (_)___   _____ ADRIAN DROVER
|__/\__\___|_\___/____)   http://www.gemscore.demon.co.uk/