Re: Whit Friday Contests

David Robertson wrote:
> There are several marches in S.A BAND repertoire that would be well
> worth exploring...Perhaps David King and YBS could do a C.D? I'll get
> back to the list in the next few days with some suggestions.

Why YBS ?  There are a few CD's already with marches on, Dyke have done one
or two, plus B&R did one about 4 years ago for Doyen called 'Marches &
Waltzes' (can't remember whats on it though) and we've just done a new one
for Doyen called 'Marches & Hymn Tunes' (although the only Whit Friday type
march on it I think is Honest Toil).

A suggestion would be a march called 'Around the World', but I believe
there are only a few bands who have it (Besses being one of them).  Its
very difficult (probably too difficult to play with cold lips on a chilly
Whit Friday night) but a good march.

Martin.