Re: Whit Friday Contests

----------
> From: DAVID ROBERTSON <dgrobertson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Whit Friday Contests
> Date: 27 July 1998 19:17
>
> There are several marches in S.A BAND repertoire that would be well
> worth exploring...Perhaps David King and YBS could do a C.D? I'll get
> back to the list in the next few days with some suggestions.
> Dave

Oh No!!!!!! not SA marches, Whit Friday Contest are for outside bands and
outside marches.
there is to much influence from ex SA band members in our fraternity.
horses for courses, a time and place for everything, leave Hannah with her
Banner well alone!.
These marches played on Whit Friday have long tradition and are worth there
salt.
Mephistopheles by Douglas is a hard march to conceve not many bands can
play at contest.
three recordings in the 70s Calton Main. Fairey. All Star Brass.
yours Evan Howells