Re: Trombone Hater ????

In message <09b054425121c78UPIMSSMTPUSR03@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, rsmnwltd
<rsmnwltd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>Having been at practice last night and played through a couple of potential
>test pieces I have come to the opinion that a certain writer is a Trombone
>Hater.  Mr S***** seems to always give a really awkward rythem and entry
>point to the 'bone section in a large percentage of his test pieces from
>example Music For a Festival and Celtic Suite to name just two.
>
>Do other people agree with me or is it just my imagination ?

I see what you mean...but the biggest trombone hater I have ever come
across has got to be Robert Redhead...in Isaiah 40 he has the trombones
flying around in a fiendish 12/8 section, then straight away has them
playing a tenuto pianissimo rhythm  under a slow flugel solo...the
difficult bit is trying to play smoothly like that when you're still out
of breath from the first bit!
--
Tim Morgan, Bass Trombone, Woolley Pritchard Sovereign Brass.
http://www.fylde.demon.co.uk/sov/sov.htm