Re: Whit Friday Contests

annes@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Don't dis the Savvy army to much! Yeah their marches may be shitty but
> still they have some good Music ( e.g Resurgam , The present age ) and
> Peter Graham is also a salvationist ( if you don't know he wrote Essence of
> time and On Alderly edge ) . Oh and for good marches I suggest The OBR (I
> can't remember its full name ; I think its Oldsmans Rifle brigade) or
> Castle Coch.
>
> Robert simpson
> Euphonium
> Tasman Eastern bay brass/Westpac trust Rotorua brass bands

Hi,

Sorry, not replying to your march post but the band's above. Do you play for
Rotorua ?
My folks used to play for Rotorua (Municipal?) in 1970-74. Anybody with the
band then still around ? Their names are Jack & Isobel Todd.

I play for Cowdenbeath, one of Scotlands Championship Section bands (well,
promoted to Ch. Sect in Nov.  :-). If you have any info on the above or just
want to chat bands then mail me.

					<John>