Re: ORB

Well Edy - Robert has almost got it right.
Charles Anderson's contest march 'O.R.B.' is dedicated to the Oldham Rifle
Brigade and is a fabulous march - but let down by a really weak 'Trio'
section.
I played it one year at the Whit Fridays but the first 3 winning bands all
appeared to play 'Ravenswood'.
Other obscure contest marches (quality) are 'Raby' (George Allen) - High
Command (Australian composer -can't remember the name!) - 'Simplicity'
(J.Ord Hume) - 'Brilliant' (J.Ord Hume) - 'Honest Toil' (W.Rimmer - and
unusual in that the Trio does not change key) - 'Roll Away Bet' (J.Ord
Hume).

BTW Martin's suggestion of 'Round The World' could possibly not work - as I
recall only published (not manuscript) marches are allowed to be played at
the contests.

Steve Sykes
sykotuba@xxxxxxxxxxxx

========
Is anyone familiar with the march, "The Arabian", to my mind one of the
best marches ever written, with its marvellous melodies and obligato cornet
solo.

Darrall Cutting
Warring Concert Brass