RE: Moving a player against their wishes

At 09:20 24/11/98 -0000, Claire wrote:
>=A0
>Basically I fell in love with the horn sound at 10 and never looked back
>!=A0 Surely it is nice to find someone who loves playing horn so much ?=A0
>The reason why I wouldnt really liked to be moved down a part is because
>I feel I've already done that (between 10 and 13 when I landed my 1st
>Solo Horn place) does no-one else get this feeling and does it not
>detract from the hard work and practice you have already put in ?=A0 I
>think I would get the feeling that although the band still progresses
>and gets better, that I was held back and as I had "been there" I had
>nothing to work for personally (obviously I still have to work for the
>band.)

I bet you'd make an even better job of the lower parts now than what you
did at age 10 though!!

Why haven't you tried baritone yet btw?  This would seem a more logical
"jump" for a former tenor horn player to make than to Euph. (believe me,
baritones & euphs. are poles apart and you therefore might just find you
have enough "puff" to fill a horn where you failed(?) on Euph).  I wish you
luck and happiness whatever you decide should be your next move.

Regards.

A.T.