Re: Moving a player against their wishes

Claire Warden wrote:   (snip)

Moving places in the Band I am in would mean buying a

> new instrument and on less that =A31000 a month after tax it's just
> something I cant afford.  I dont understand how people afford to move
> even if they are asked ?  Do your band provide instruments for all the
> players ?

As far as I know, brass bands in Australia provide the instruments.  If y
ou
have your own, that's fine, you get a discount on your annual subs!  So d
oes
everyone in the UK have to buy their own instruments??

My band just got a load of new percussion gear and it was only possible t
hrough
a one off special council grant that we had to apply for.  Previous new
instruments are usually bought by the band by raising funds or getting a
loan
from the council.

I'd be interested to hear how other bands acquire their instruments.

Bye!
Vicki
City of Greater Dandenong Band
Australia