Moving a player- more thoughts

I would like to add that in England you are very fortunate to have the
possibility to move to another band if you are switched from one
instrument to another.  In the states we don't have that many brass bands
yet and the possibility of joining another brass band would mean a trip of
over 200 miles!  I guess we just have to put up and shut up if we are
moved.  I can attest to this as I was bass trombone, 2nd trombone and 1st
trombone all in one season, though not at the same time!  We just have to
have the attitude that it's better to be in the band playing something
less than our ideal instrument than to not play at all.

Thomas L. Nelson
Instrumental Music Instructor &
Trombonist Eastern Iowa Brass Band
Tipton High School
400 East 6th Street
Tipton, Iowa 52772
TNelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Check out the Eastern Iowa Brass Band at:

http://soli.inav.net/~eibb/more.html

"To do is to be"   Descartes
"To be is to do"   Voltaire
"Do be do be do"   Sinatra

Regards
Alistair Richards
Deputy Principal Cornet - Ellesborough Silver Band
=A0