Re: test piece tempi and books on scoring for brass band

Thank You Andy.  I try to communicate exactly what I mean and want.  That
way there is no question. When a conductor is rehearsing a band he uses
those terms,  so why not use them in the score? Another word I like to use
is "linger."

Also, this is for Sheibs.  With all due respect Tom, I disagree with you
about the Ray Steadman-Allen book on scoring for brass band.  It leaves a a
lot to be desired as does the Denis Wright book.  It's time for a new book
on scoring for brass bands.  I think a book on the order of Henry Mancini's
"Sounds and Scores" would be the right format. What do you think Adrian?

Mark Freeh
(N.Y. City)