Re: Moving a player against their wishes

On 25 Nov, Vicki Aumann <vicki@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As far as I know, brass bands in Australia provide the instruments.  If you
> have your own, that's fine, you get a discount on your annual subs!  So does
> everyone in the UK have to buy their own instruments??

Not everyone!  Probably the top class players have their own, but the lower
sections (in my experience) tend to provide instruments, although often the
condition of them is questionable!

> My band just got a load of new percussion gear and it was only possible through
> a one off special council grant that we had to apply for.  Previous new
> instruments are usually bought by the band by raising funds or getting a loan
> from the council.

> I'd be interested to hear how other bands acquire their instruments.

We got a grant from our National Lottery for =A357,500 and re-equipped the
whole band.

cheers

heidi

--
Oops ... my brain just hit a bad sector!

mayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx			http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/mayon/
SA RiscPC User, Newlyn, Cornwall	ZFC A(Co) & Clan Member!
SMulder on IRC - #hashargonet		Using Pluto - of course!!!
ICQ - 16050438