Re: Brass Band CDRom titles!

Steve,
I think, with all due respect, Mabon was inquiring of the CD Rom produced by The
Salvation Army ISB. There is actually a playable CD on one side of the Jewel Case
and a CD Rom on the other. The CD Rom permits one to 'point' at a player and it
gives a personal profile of the person. There are also other interesting remarks on
the CD Rom as to music, history etc. Innovative and interesting, and the audio CD
is great.
On a similar note, for those who like to listen to choral singing, Pasadena
Tabernacle of The Salvation Army have produced a similar CD which I believe is all
on the same disc. For those of you from the Blackpool area, this is the Songster
Brigade, (choir) that Barb Allen and her husband Steve are featured with.
Well produced and again interesting. The Leader is a very prominent Rose Bowl
organisor and is very talented and respected. Very demanding as well.
If there are others out there, i.e. CD Roms that are interactive or provide some
info, I would be interested in learning of them, especially those of Bands in the
UK. I see adverts in the BB and other British Publications offering Videos for sale
of programmes etc, but after being 'stung' several years ago when I purchased a
very prominent video I found that it was incompatible with our video playback
machines here in North America. I thus had to have it "converted" at great cost and
as a result, lost much of its clarity, although it is still a fine video.
It is too bad that we do not have a universal format such as we ended up with CD's.
I understand from reading the newspapers that the major Television companies
(makers) are at odds as to which one feels their new High Density (I believe it is
called) television is the best as we might end up investing in the wrong type if we
decide to buy one, although I doubt at the last price I heard about $10,000.+ Cdn.
I will love TV that much. Again we face the prospect of the Beta vs the VHS
standard and thankfully I didn't buy a Beta playback machine.
Sorry I got a bit off the topic and rambled on, which I tend to do when I sit at my
computer with headset on and listen to great CD's, right now a fantastic recording
by Enfield - Joyous Brass.

Regards,
Larry White
Vancouver, BC Canada