Re: Moving a player against their wishes

Hi I read your reply to moving a player against their wishes - I recently
joined a very good band and informed them before I joined that I had played
Solo Horn for 15+ years and cornet for the rest - I joined my first band at 9,
I am now 33.  When I joined this new band recently I went in on 2nd Horn as
the person was missing from that position having just given birth -I have
endlessly asked to go on to 1st Horn as I feel that I could play that part
better - a young lad joined about 2 weeks after me, brilliant player ex-
championship section band - so of course, he went onto Solo - No doubting that
he was so much better than me, the person on lst Horn does not always turn up
but I have been especially as my mum had been ill 100miles from me and I was
travelling there after band rehearsal etc.

Anyway - I agree with you that should you not be in the position you want to
be - you are infact still part of the band, contesting, concerts etc. you are
not just individuals you are a whole unit - so the better players are in the
hot seats.