Re: Marketing UK Bands in the US

Dave Buckley wrote:
-

>I remember reading in one of the UK brass band magazines an article by
>James Watson in which he says that Carnegie Hall was full for that
>concert much to their surprise. Who is right?

I was there for that concert and the hall was not full.  A figure of 200
might slightly underestimate the crowd size,  but there certainly no more
than 500 or so enthusiasts there in a hall that seats about 2,600 people.

The entire New York Staff Band attended that concert on a Sunday night after
returning from a weekend engagement in Massachusetts (about 200 miles away).
I'll never forget riding down the streets of Manhattan in a bus going about
60 miles an hour trying to make it to the concert as quickly as possible!
Even with that, we managed to get there just before the interval, but
thoroughly enjoyed the second half of the program.

Tom S.
NYSB