Dutch Brass Band Championships -Reply

Fred,

what about it?
Never heard of any "situation" or story about Vinkeveen.
They only thing I heard is our Belgian friends will be (part of the)
adjudicators with Jan Van der Roost for 2nd and 3rd section, and Frans Violet
for 1st and topsection. They should be good as adjudicators.

Also our principal cornet (Metropole) will be principal with BB Limburg.
Unbelievable a Dutch band can hire a Belgian for one week to play principal.
Apparentely, one Dutch band has even more Belgian people involved than Dutch.
Do Dutch rules allow foreign players? New to me. I guess the week after they are
rehursing with 10 players.

What about the test-pieces and is it still held at Zutphen. Crazy venue.
If fire should start, no one can escape.
I at least will never attend it as long as it is held in that little hall.

Edy

>>> "Fred" <f.r.hulleman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 12/01/98 10:48am >>>
I think the organisation of the Dutch Brass Band Championships makes a big
mistake, by what they are doing right now!!
For example, have you heard the story about brass band "Concordia" from
Vinkeveen (Championship section)???

Does anybody know something about the whole situation around the championships??
I've heard some story's, of which I don't know if they're really true........

F.R. Hulleman
http://listen.to/flevobrass