Re: Warning - Never use your bass trom as a rocket launcher !!

Hi Graham
I have seen a similar thing happen during a contest - it was about 6 years
ago and my father was conducting Woodfalls Band at Reading contest on Year
of the Dragon. In the last movement there is a rapid semi quaver passage for
b trom and the bass trom player lost his slide which shot under the baritone
players chair and out to my fathers feet. It was then passed over the top of
the baritones back to the b trom who resumed playing with his now dented
slide which wouldn't fully close.

Jeremy

 his arm would not reach 7th