Re: Tenor Horn Solos CD

-----Original Message-----
From: carl.a.robinson@xxxxxxxxxx <carl.a.robinson@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04 December 1998 18:30
Subject: Tenor Horn Solos CD

>There is a cd called Sonata. It features a wide range of solos played by
Gordon Higginbottom, accompained by  the James Shepard Versatile Brass, John
Golland on piano, and a band who I can't remember.

>I can't remeber which label it on but I can post the details next week when
I have the cd in my hands.

>Hope that helps
>

>Carl Robinson

A number of people have mentioned a Kirklees recording of Gordon
Higginbottom, but I have an LP called Gordon Higginbottom and Friends on the
Polyphonic label, PRL 028D dating back to 1986.  Includes Higgyjig, Philip
Sparke's Masquerade, and Golland's Rhapsody No. 1 amongst other things.
Don't know whether it's been upgraded to CD though.

Alec