Re: Warning - Never use your bass trom as a rocket launcher !!

Hi Jeremy,

I thought I had better put the story back to base before the next person has
the slide in the front row of the audience.

The incident you tried to recall from Reading a few years ago actually
involved Derek Greenwood as conductor, not your father, but I'm sure Remus
would have done the same for Peter - he's that kind of guy  :-))

The test piece was Harmony Music not "Year of the Dragon" but yes, you were
right in saying  the slide ended up under the bari's chair.  We came second
that year - so all things considered, not bad!

All the above facts confirmed by fellow SWT Woodfalls players, on the coach,
yesterday.  We had a busy day you see - playing on the QE2 at 1700, and
playing at a 250,000 birthday party at Henley on Thames in the evening,
WOW,   I have never seen such opulence - they even fitted us out in green
Mandarin jackets.