Percussion on Dutch Championships

This year for the first time the dutch percussionist have to play on
sponsored percussion. I know that this is normal  in England for
several years.
Percussionists, if you look deep in your hearts, wouldn't you prefer
playing on your own instrument?
In Holland the discussion has not yet ended, it is just an
experiment this year. I would like to hear any comments from the UK.
What do you think of this rule? This question is also asked to other
mebers of a brasband. So, every one, please give your vision.

Thanks and greetings,

 Rinze Anne van der Sluis