Re: Percussion on Dutch Championships

Speaking as a percussionist, despite all the trouble involved in moving my own
instruments for a concert, it is always preferable to play ones own
instrument.  I would expect that your festivals should make everyone play
sponsored instruments if they are making the percussionists do so. :)  Can you
imagine any self-respecting cornet player showing up to a concert, being given
an instrument that they have never seen before and being told they must play
on it?  I don't think so!

Cheers,

Marc Crompton
Cambie Street Brass Band
Vancouver, BC
Canada

PS Sorry about the rant.  This has been a sore point with me for a long time!