Re: Concert Announcement (another one!!!!!)

Richards ,Mr Alistair wrote:

> The line up for the concert is alas hardly inspiring. It's the usual > run through of standard Xmas pieces which aren't pretending to be
> standard Xmas carols:
>
>	 A Christmas Piece
>	 Christmas Song
>	 Christmas Swing-along
>	 Sleigh Ride (it had to be in there somewhere!!)
>	 Shepherd's Pipe Carol
>
>	 and some other more unconventional ones:
>
>	 Stop The Cavalry
>	 Feed The World
>
> Hardly world breaking I know, but throw in some more carols and
> there are some other pieces which escape me at the moment and you have
> your Xmas carol concert line up.

Gudday, all.

If anyone out there is interested, a good addition to your Christmas
repertoire would be "Christmas Bolero" arranged by Peter Maunder. It is
a fusion of Silent Night and Ravel's Bolero (Two of the arranger's least
favourite pieces!!) It is brilliantly arranged, and still features the
big trombone solo.
If anyone wants the info. drop me an email personally, and I'll help you
to obtain a copy. (Published in NZ)

Cheers,
Adrian