Re: "Killing" sound i bandroom

On Wed, 9 Dec 1998, Trond Otto Berg wrote:

> The band I play in,  is moving into a new bandroom.  It i VERY small,
> and the ceiling is low (about 2.2 - 2.5m ???)  When the band play loud
> the sound is getting extremely intense, and our ears is getting
> destroyed.  The walls is made of wood, the ceiling is also wood and the
> floor is "linoleum" (?)
> We need hints and tips on how we could KILL the sound and  get the room
> "playable".
> Please respond quick to the list, or to my personal e-mail. (and visit
> our band site.)
>
> --
>   Trond  Otto Berg
>   Principal,  Stranda Music School, Norway
>   Principal, Oerskog Brass http://www.obrass.home.ml.org

carpets on the floor, drapes on the walls (or other soft materials).

good luck

Edouard Forner

Edouard Forner		 forner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx	  Macalester College
Music Department				 St. Paul, Minnesota 55105
fax (651) 696 6785     NOTE NEW AREA CODE!!!   phone/v-mail (651) 696 6189

"The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up" - Paul Valery