The Oscars

That has to be the best response in such a short time I've ever had - even
to some of my more contentious postings!

It's on! Details below. (copy of a release just sent to the bandsman and
bbworld).

Although I've already put together a somewhat naff graphic, I'm sure there's
better people than me out there so could I have a volunteer to provide
something glitzy within the next 5 days or so? (I'd like to get a web page
up shortly)

Many thanks, Andy Wooler

We are pleased to announce the launch of a new series of awards for Brass
Bands

- The Brass Oscars!

This new competition is designed to promote the use of the Internet in the
world of Brass Bands, to encourage people to visit the many sites that are
now available and hopefully, encourage new users into our on-line community.

1) The Categories:

Best Commercially Produced Band Website of the Year
Best Non-Commercially Produced Band Website of the Year
Best Band Association Web Site of the Year
Most positive contribution to promoting the movement on the Internet
Best Band Trade Related Site on the Internet
Best Commercial Use of a Brass Band Web Site

2) To enter, simply send an email with your nomination for each category to:

Oscars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

to be received by: 31st December 1998.
Winner to announced live in the Brass Band Chat Room on a date to be
published in January 1999

3) Rules

One entry per person only. Any incidence of multiple voting will lead to the
disqualification of all entries from that person into this and any
subsequent awards ceremony under the the title of "Internet Brass Oscars".

No correspondence will be entered into.

The organiser's decision on the implementation of these rules is final.

For more information, please contact Andy Wooler using one of the methods
below.
As your publication also has a presence on the WWW, I would hope you'll be
able to support us through the columns of your magazine - you're also in the
running for an award!

The awards will be a graphic file that can be proudly displayed on your web
pages.

Details of the prize announcement date will be given shortly.

Thanks in anticipation for your help in promoting this new venture.

Kind regards,

Andy Wooler
SCABA Webmaster
http://www.awooler.demon.co.uk
andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If you have ICQ my ICQ# is 17709362
If you don't have ICQ you can page me through:
* My Personal Communication Center: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/17709362 (go
there and try it!)