Re: "Killing" sound i bandroom

Jackfield Band in Ironbridge, Telford, used to rehearse in an old Sunday School
room of more or less identical construction to your new Bandroom.  They put
down carpet tiles and tiled the walls and ceiling with eggboxes (the big ones
about a foot square) , loads of them.  I guarantee this is totally true, and
although I'm not sure how bad the room was before, I have been told it was a
big improvement - and very cheap!  They have now moved into an old Wesleyan
Chapel which they bought, which has been fully refurbished by the band members
themselves, over a period of two or three years.  It's an absolutely
magnificent bandroom with a suspended ceiling - which is splendidly deadening.

Regards
Alun David