Re: Percussion on Dutch Championships

In a message dated 09/12/98 20:35:08 GMT, you write:

<<
 I understand all the objections...however in our experience, many bands
 say that the equipment we provide is better (sometimes much better) than
 what they have, themselves. That is why IF one uses this kind of rule, the
 instruments provided must be top line. As to tuning ranges, etc., this
 information we provide in advance to all bands to avoid just such a
 circumstance as mentioned above.

what about the case where one of the early bands removed the tuning guides
from a set of provided timps at a national finals

that caused quite a few problems certainly for my band  (i never heard any
others complain though)

and we have also been on the wrong end of a xylo which had the strings taken
off the guiders so making a dull thud sound

i'll not even have to mention that the rule makers didnt want to know when we
complained and that if we had taken time to put the strings back we would have
been disqualified under the rule which states bands have 5 mins to get on
stage and comence their performance

silly of am i just being daft (as usual :-))  )

john davis