Re: Percussion on Dutch Championships

Marc

> True, the logistics of moving and storage of equipment are a huge pain to say the
> least.  My experiences with festival situations are that despite the best
> intentions of festival organizers, most of the percussion instruments are borrowed
> from the closest school that will give them up.  Typically these are substandard
> instruments.

In the major UK contests the instruments are often supplied by a
retailer in return for being credited as a sponsor of a contest, or
are hired from a reputable percussion hire company.

Just a thought: when I organise orchestral concerts the
percussionists often EXPECT me to provide tuned percussion
instruments.

David