RE: Percussion on Dutch Championships

To all the people that discussed the last two weeks about this subject,

I started this e-mail an was very suprised to get so much reactions from you.
Thanks!
I will print all your comments en show them to the organization of the Dutch
championsship. The organization saw saturday that the most Dutch bands were
unhappy with the new rule. The glock(enspiel) was very bad, so I think at least 10
bands used their own.
A very shamefull story is from the third section. There was a boy from about twelf
years old that couldn't read a note. He had to play four notes on the tubular bells.
And because he couldn't read notes het took those four bells on stage. But the
organization wouldn't allow him to play on that bells because there were tub. bells
on the stage. So the boy didn't know which of the twenty bells he had to hit and
couldn't play that part. Shamefull.

For me it was a great succes. In Holland we started a protest withe the Bazuin
from Oenkerk about the percussion rule. So our band was the pain in the bud, but
we have won!!
1-0 for the percussion section of Oenkerk. (We used much of our own
percussion after a little discussion behind the stage).

For any body who's interested in it I send in a minute the results.

Thanks to anybody who reacted on my e-mail!

Rinze Anne van der Sluis
percussionist of de Bazuin Oenkerk

See you in Munchen next year!!!