Brass band summer schools

I'm toying with the idea of a week in sunny Bromsgrove or Sedbergh in the
summer.  What do the listies think of the various summer schools on offer?
I know we've got half the tutors on the list!  I'm thinking in terms of how
much playing you do, the level of pieces played etc.  I know at Sedbergh the
afternoons are "free" with optional ensembles, lessons etc.  I believe they
do a mid-week concert too.  What is the format going to be at Bromsgrove?  I
have also heard tell that there are seating auditions at Sedbergh, but you
"sit where you want" at Bromsgrove/Oxford.  Is this still the case?  What
does this do to the quality of the band?

- Jud