Re: Fundraising

In message <000101be3a5e$f3b7d300$38c12cc3@steve>, Steve Heninghem
<steve.heninghem@xxxxxxxxxx> writes
> Hi
>
>I am looking for new fund-raising ideas for our band.

How about a BANDATHON
Hire a large hall for the day. Advertise 12 hours non-stop music (10
hours for a youth band). Get sponsorship for your players. Hire out
space to stall-holders. Set up your stands in the middle of the floor,
you'll need plenty of room. Take your complete library and accept
sponsorship for requests played. Commit yourself (the conductor?) to
conduct every single item. Invite all the local bands and brass players
to come and join in at any time.
It's great fun and good sight-reading practice but you will be knackered
at the end of the day.
--
Maurice E Wright
Eb Bass & asst conductor Haslemere Town Band.