Re: Fundraising

One band I was with had a brilliant idea and we made quite a bit of money
out of it.  It was a social night with a Dutch Auction (I'm not sure why
they call it a Dutch Auction, but that's what it was).

All players donated one or two things and wrapped them up, and some local
businesses donated things also.  Some things were wrapped in very elaborate
packaging and boxes, some in brown paper bags.  And each package was
auctioned.  Except you didn't know what you were bidding for.

It was loads of fun.  I remember someone bid for a brown paper bag and paid
about $4.50 for it and got a couple of CD vouchers at the local CD shop
worth about $40.  So later on a very elaborate box came up for auction and
raised something like $50, and the lady who bid for it found she had just
paid $50 for a coconut inside!!!

But it was all done in good humour and the money went to a good cause (the
band), and the fact that everyone there were supporters of the band, they
didn't mind.  It was a fun night, lots of laughs, and I'm thinking that
every band in the world would have someone loud and funny in it that could
be the auctioneer!!  Although by memory, we had many!! haha

Carol