Re: Cornet players

Chris Earl wrote:

> Mate and I have just finished listening to the new Russell Gray CD.
>
> In a deep and meaningful discussion over a few tinnies (to relieve the
> summer heart of course) the question came out: who was the last big name
> English cornet player?
>
> The names for at least a decade have been from Scotland - Gray, Webster,
> McCann.

Now Chris - that's one of those questions when the 'right' answer will never be
found....but don't forget............

Alan Morrison and Ian Porthouse. Then there's Brian taylor at Fairies - how
many years has he been in that chair? How many contests have they won with him
on the end?

I'm sure others will add more names.......

Monkey

PS - according to respected sources, Alan Morrison has just been appointed top
man at JJB