RE: Cornet players

Chris

Martin is right; both Alan and Tom are/were great players, Alan
particularly for his flexibility and adaptablility and the fact that
he was never afraid to take risks.  I'm sure that only Yorkshire
could have produced Roger Webster.

Don't forget John Hudson, either.  Perhaps you missed Alan and
John from your 'big name' list because they were both conducting top
bands whilst still in their prime as players.

But for me the daddy is Brian Taylor - flawless, unflashy playing at
such a consistently high level for so long, and a greater commitment
to his band than his own 'solo career'.

Have a tinnie for me.

David