Re: Adagio for strings, Samuel Barber.

Alec wrote:

>If anyone *does* know of such an abomination, could they please keep very,
>very quiet about it, please?

>Issued on behalf of music-lovers everywhere,

As someone who thinks this work is one of the finest of it's genre, I take
great exception to you claiming to speak on behalf of music lovers
everywhere.
There are many of us on this list who completely disagree with your
statement. By all means express an opinion but don't claim to do so on
behalf of others please.