Re: Ian: Maurice Murphy

Ian McKechnie wrote:

> "Samantha Harrison"
> wrote :
>
> > Maurice is also a great cornet player!!! Ever hears him with Dyke! Come to
> > think he's also a great Flugel player etc etc!!!
>
> Really ?!?!?!?!?
>
> Next you'll be telling me that he used to play with some brass band
> or other.............
>
> Ian McKechnie
> <mckechnie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Gee I hope you are being sarcastic!  Maurice was Jim Shepherd's predecessor on
top chair at Dyke.  Remember the BB centenary concert when the 4 principals
played a quartette - Maurice, Jim, Phil and Willy Lang? (Willy being another
great combiner of the skills of cornet and trumpet playing, even if he did play
trumpet with a converter to use his cornet mouthpiece!)
Glenn McGowan