Lovely time

I don't think Adrian Drover is on the list atm, but I have had the pleasure
of meeting him, son Kenton and Dad John recently!

John, at 87 years old, is still a cracking cornet player and still
practises 1 hour a day (erk! what is practise??!)  They all came along to
band practise - it was great!  Atm we are preparing to record one of
Adrians pieces (Close Encounter with ET).

Going back to matters related to being moved from Flugel horn, well, I am
definately on 1st horn now for good.  I still don't really like the
instrument and I am bored.  I did quit band for two nights, but couldn't
bare the thought that after so many years playing a musical instrument I'd
not have anything to play,  I even dug out my flute and contemplated going
to the local orchestral society .... I quickly abandoned that idea - too
snobby for my liking!  Nevermind ..... I now have the prospect of getting
in to 'Indian Summer' (what a terrible test piece).

Cheers

Heidi

--
Everything Dies

1st Horn Player - Penzance Silver Band
mayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx	http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/mayon/PzSilver.html
Sibelius 6 User (The superior music processing package for Acorn Computer)
All opinions expressed are my own ... not that of PSB :)