RE: Cornet players

Matthew Van Emmerik wrote:

> What about David King??
>
> I hear he still plays now and again.  He would have to be on the
> list for top cornet players!!
>
> Matt.

What about him?

Although I have heard him play many blinding performances at solo contests
(the British Open champs in Wigan), he has never played top man in a top
band in this country (apologies if I'm wrong - does anyone know if he ever
did?), only 2nd man in Dyke, so in a way he doesn't qualify for the list.
He was (is?) a great cornet player though.

Going by recent contests, he is also a good dancer!!!!

Martin :-)