RE: Lovely time

Hey !

I like Indian Summer - I think it's a lovely test piece.... especially
movement 2 be glad you don't play 2nd Horn - they have Bottom A !!
(watch for me putting that in then !! - us poor solo horns I think we
deserve a mention in the hardest instrument section as we seem to be
expected to play all 3 parts sometimes !! :-)

Sorry to hear about your instrument Heidi - I know you diddnt like it
but.... well !

Anyway - See you at the contest !

Claire Warden
(Solo Horn - Abingdon)
p.s. YAY for the girl power at Dyke :)

p.p.s Anyone got any thoughts on which way round horns should sit ?
Under John Berryman we sat 2nd horn joining front row cornets with
flugel on the other end (above solo horn) joining baritones.  At
Abingdon I now sit the other way and the flugel has decided shes going
to sit next to rep !  Any Thoughts ??  Is there a definitive "way" we
should sit ?  Its annoying this way as my 1st horn keeps getting put off
by 2nd's all the time then they Both end up wrong aaaaghhhhh !
especially the bit at M in Indian summer 3rd movt.  Drives me mad it
does !!!!