Tenor horns

Claire,

In our band we sit from left to right - solo, 1st and 2nd horns, so that
we are blowing down - so the solo blows into the 1st ear, etc.  Adds
some direction and they can hear more clearly what's going on in the
section.

We used to have the flugel sit next to me (so that he ended up at the
corner adjoining the baritones), but our new MD has him sitting over
next to the rep.  Hasn't created any hassles about playing together when
the solo horn and flugel have moving parts together, seems to work well
(that's as long as everyone watches the MD!!!).

Carol

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Claire wrote:
p.p.s Anyone got any thoughts on which way round horns should sit