National Youth Brass Band of NZ

Hi all ,
I 've just finished a great concert tour with the 1999 National Youth Band
of NZ . We all played well and had a heck of a lot of fun . Our guest
soloist was Percussionist extraordanaire Simone Rebello. We had a hard
program , picked out by conductor Nigel Weeks which was as follows :

1st Half
The Champions
A London Overture
Zimba Zamba (Marimba soloist : Simone Rebello)
Blues for Gilbert (Solo Vibraphone soloist Simone Rebello)
Nutty Woods (Xylophone soloist : Simone Rebello)
Arctic Funk
Truimphant Rhapsody

2nd Half

New World Fantasy
Fantasy For Brass Band
Spinning song (Xylophone soloist : Simone Rebello)
The Latin Click (Solo Snare drum(!) : Simone Rebello)
A Little Prayer (Solo Marimba : Simone Rebello)
Helter Skelter (Xylophone Soloist : Simone Rebello)
March from the Pines of Rome
Singing in the Rain (With special dancing appearance from the bands 'Big
Boys' : Martin Jackson and Mark Hankey)

we did in all 6 concerts , 2 outdoor ones with different programmes . For
sure , we shall all be vying for a place in the next one !

Robert Simpson
Euphonium
Tasman EBOP brass / Westpactrust Rotorua brass
New zealand