Re: Tenor horns

Hi!

I think it depends on what your pieces are. Sometimes it is better for the
flugel to sit with the rep if they have a lot of work together. Sometimes
it suits to be next to the 2nd horn and front row.

I prefer being sat next to the solo horn though so you can work together,
thus when parts are similar you can split it up. I also quite like sitting
opposite the solo cornets with the horns making a semi circle in the
middle, and the euphs and baris sat in form of the basses. Although this
depends on the troms!! Sometimes it can be a little head splitting!!!

As a thought, I have played in a band where the flugel sits on the end of
the front row with the solo horn next, then 1st horn and then 2nd horn
being next to the baritone. This seemed to work well for listening to each
other. However, it is a bit difficult to hear the solo horn this way as the
bell is pointing to the cornets.

I hope you find this of interest

Sam