Re: Mozart Horn Concerto with words

Clair,

To save you the hassle of typing all the words out.........I already have a
copy saved....so here it is.

See ya at easter !!

Richard Batten
Bass Trombone
Rolls Royce (Coventry) Band
------
Introduction before the premiere:

It has long been my earnest wish to improve the standard of the music we
have in these shows of ours. <Thank You Very Much> Not at all my dear, for you
know that no-body has a higher opinion  of your work than you do yourself. I
simply meant
that we should have some more good music, and to this end I have been
practising the Horn, or the French Horn as they call it, or the German Horn as
the French call it, not to be confused with the cor anglais. It's a marvellous
instrument - I took it up because I very much wanted to play the music of
Mozart; in particular,
his wonderful horn concerto in E flat, kerkel rating 495 which he wrote at the
age of about 18 months. Marvellous man. I practised  it very hard against
considerable opposition, I may say, and I had hoped this evening to give you
the very first perfomance  of the last movement - the rondo-allegro-vivace. I
think
to curious circumstances as yet un explained, I am not able to do this. I
can only tell you why:

<To be sung to the tune of the horn part in the previouly mentioned
movement>

I once had a whim and I had to obey it, to buy a French Horn in a second
hand shop.
I polished it up and I started to play it in spite of the neighbours who
begged me to stop.

To sound my horn, I had to develop my embouchure. I found my horn, was a
bit of a devil to play.
So artfully wound, to give me a sound, a besutiful sound so rich and round.
Oh, the hours I had to spend before I mastered it in the end.

Bu that was yesterday and just today I looked in the usual place. There
was the case, but the horn itself was missing.
Oh where can it have gone? Haven't you, hasn't anyone seen my horn? Oh
where can it have gone? What a blow.
Now I know, I'm unable to play my allegro.

Who swiped that horn? I bet you a quid, somebody did, knowing I found a
concerto and wanted to play it, afraid of my talent at playing the horn. For
early today, to my utter dismay it had vanised away like the dew in the morn.

<Spoken: Tutti>

I've lost that horn, I know I was using it yesterday. I've lost that
horn, lost that horn, found that horn, gawn. There's
not much hope of getting it back, though I'll willingly pay a reward.

I know some hearty folk, whose party jokes, pretending to hunt with the
quorn, gone away, gone away, was it one of them who took it away. Will you
kindly return my horn. Oh where is the devil that pinched my horn? I shall
tell the police, I want that French Horn back.

Cadenza: I miss it's music more and more and more, without that horn I'm
feeling sad and so folorn.

I found a concerto and wanted to play it, displaying my talent at playing the
horn. But early today to my utter dismay it had totally vanished away. I
practised the horn and I wanted to play it, but somebody took it away. I
practised the
horn and was longing to play it, but somebody took it away. My  neighbours'
asleep in his bed, I'll soon make him wish we was dead. I'll take up the Tuba
instead. Wah, Wah.
----