Cornet/Sop

 Ive just changed ISP so if this appears twice Sorry!
Ian Mc. wrote-
> Players who try to play the smaller instruments, without taking
>into account their particular playing needs, will do it badly.  But
>players who are sensitive to the differences in the instruments
>should be able to play either or both, probably with equal facility.

I've always thought it strange when someone asks the sop player to help out a
band on B flat cornet.  It's taken for granted that you can play both. I do,
but i use a completely different mouthpiece.
So, what reaction would you get if you asked a horn player to help out another
band on euph/baritone!. The difference is much the same. New pitch, new
mouthpiece.

There seems to be many Sop players on this list,(some just lurking),but only
one person who consistently has a dig at them.
This is a brass band list. If you don't like brass bands, or part of them, why
bother taking part.
I wouldn't dream of joining a modern jazz list, and then constantly whinging
about the style of trumpet playing 'cos its not to my taste.
Each to his(or her)own.
Back to Lurking, Gerry.