Re: Music/Sound on Web page

Andy,

The best way to put sound into your web pages is to use RealPlayer.  This
software plays the sound files almost in real time as they are downloaded.
There is just a few seconds delay to allow buffering to account for variations
in download speed.  WAV files can probably provide better sound quality, but
they can be very big and take quite some time to download before you hear a
single note.  Surfers just get bored and move on.

All the software you need to create (RealProducer) and play (RealPlayer) this
type of sound file is freely available (http://www.real.com).  Take a look at
my web site for Glossop Band which has a link to the Real site so you can get
the software to listen to 'Glossop Band's Virtual Concert'.

This system can also create videos and I have recently bought a simple video
capture card so that I can experiment with this for the web site.

The only limitation is that your Internet Service Provider must have the
appropriate Real Media server software installed.  This was the main reason I
chose to use Demon as my ISP (http://ww.demon.net).

Hope this helps.

Don Cooper,
Glossop Old Band,